Author Spotlight: Jen Snow


1. What is your name?
Jen Snow

2. Where are you from?


Born and raised on the eastern shore of Virginia, but have lived in several states since setting out on my own at the age of fourteen before settling into a small, north-central Pennsylvania village. I am secretly preparing for a New York City life once my youngest flees the nest.  I have ten years to finalize those plans.
3. What do you do creatively?


Write write wrote edit edit delete delete delete rewrite


4. What is the first thing you ever remember creating?


I thought writing, the obvious answer, would not be the first thing, but as it turns out, that's exactly my first memory of creating.


It was a Poe-inspired story. Thirteen handwritten pages of a woman buried alive and struggling to free herself before tragically succumbing to her demise – a botched self-surgery via large splinter.


You know, just the typical story penned by eight year old girls in the early 80s.


5. What are your inspirations?


I am inspired by experience. Most all my work has an autobiographical origin, the others, at least a biographical one.

6. Where can we find your work online?


Currently, all my writings are behind-the-scenes works in progress, with the exception of some poems having been published over the years on random websites for which I have long lost the links as well as some completed short stories recently submitted for publication consideration in upcoming anthologies. Results may vary.


The following sites include excerpts of works in progress, as well as short stories and poems. Some already posted, some yet to be.









7. What can we expect from you in the future?


Stealthy sarcasm, buffoon erythromycin of epic proportions, a psychotic breakdown or six, and possibly, just maybe….


Publication of my first novel, a psychological sci-fi thriller – The Collectives, the story of two teenage brainiacs selected as a beta tester for a new social media platform where words have real consequences, thoughts transform into living nightmares, and worlds collide, leaving devastation in their wake.


Also in the works is a coauthored anthology of short stories and my memoir – a peek inside the mind of a mentally unstable, child abuse and abduction survivor.



8. What is something people should know about you?



9. Anything you'd like to add?

I, Jen Snow, specifically disclaim liability for incidental or consequential damages and assume no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by any person, psychologically, emotionally, or physically, as a result of personal interactions prior to the morning coffee ritual nor for injuries or damages which may arise from my sarcastic charm, moronic antics, or nonsensical whimsy.

Jen is a brilliant poet and fine storyteller! I'm very proud to have made a friend in her. She is an outspoken and upfront person when it comes to her mental health issues and dealing with the worst parts of her life. It is very much so reflected in her writing. It would be my humble suggestion to give this beautiful soul a read. You won't be disappointed!

Comments

Post a Comment